I miss Dave Nichol. I miss him presenting the newest issue of the Insider’s Report, I miss his travel tales, I miss hearing him say “Too Good to be True”. But, even without Dave, I still love President’s Choice Products and the fabulous recipes found on the website.
A few years back a friend of mine introduced me to the cookie recipe on the back of the package of PC Decadent Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, these cookies are divine. I think the key is the addition of oatmeal that you have to grind to a flour consistency, it gives the cookies a nutty flavour without the texture of a true oatmeal cookie, its smoother with a bit of a crunch.
The recipe makes quite a few cookies (I got 52 out of it). They were a hit with visitors and disappeared quickly.
We both suffered from yet another sugar hangover.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups oatmeal, blended to a fine powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, oatmeal, baking powder and baking soda together and slowly mix into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F/180°C for 10 minutes.